We are looking for a team lead to join team Artemis, which focuses on Creative Management and Asset Storage. This team is responsible for the Asset Library, a service built for storing and optimizing media assets, fonts, rendered images and videos, and maintains various components used throughout the Smartly.io application to interact with the Asset Library.
This team's work stands at the core of the Creative Group's product offering, and offers a great deal of leadership and engineering challenges, and growth opportunities.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour.
The team consists of both product specialists and engineers,and alongside the lead engineer you will take the lead in delivering quality products and features that address customer needs. As a team lead, you will be in charge of getting the best out of people, through coaching, 1:1s, helping them build a development plan and in general removing blockers from the team's path.
Read more about the our culture and developer ways of working:
Our Culture Handbook
What our development teams are working on
What You'll Do...
- Lead an autonomous Fullstack development team. Lead by example.
- Facilitate the team at team level. Enable them.
- Care about your team members' growth and development. Go far together.
- Tackle ambitious technical problems and add your mark to our Engineering culture. Help us grow.
What we're looking for...
- You have experience throughout the full software life-cycle in an environment with multiple teams
- You have built and maintained large-scale, high-availability web applications with an active and growing user base
- You have experience in various agile development practices as well as the pragmatism to know which tradeoffs are acceptable and a sharp focus on delivery.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback that leads to meaningful changes and growth.
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users' motivations and frustrations, and you genuinely want to help them
- You are a skilled developer. You will need to be hands-on when coaching the team members to new technical and professional heights, which can involve code reviews, pair programming, etc
What to expect from our recruitment process
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
5. Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.