We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Technology team at Schibsted Finland! Our company is the home of the leading brands Tori, Oikotie and Rakentaja and we're a great bunch of over 180 talented professionals.
At Schibsted Finland, we are proud to offer digital solutions for some of the most pressing societal issues like over-consumption and we want to help people to make smarter choices in their daily lives. Sustainability is no longer optional, it is be part of our lives and will be a prerequisite for developing and operating profitable and lasting businesses. That is why we so strongly believe in our company's purpose to "empower people in their daily lives”.
To execute our ambitions, we need talents, people who are great at what they do and who get the energy from working as part of an agile team. We need people who have courage to try and to smile, who keep learning and being curious and who are here to win together!
That being said, we are happy to offer a challenging job with a purpose in the most awesome community. The job will start as soon as possible and it's full time.
Your main responsibility as Engineering Manager will be to lead the squad developing and operating our Real-estate marketplace, Oikotie Asunnot.
In this role you will take as an input the needs from different stakeholders and business units and will supervise the planning, coordination and delivery of the relevant solutions and product features in a lean and agile way. Additionally, you will be the main contact point to support the operational work on our marketplace.
You will provide guidance to your squad, support them to reach objectives and you will ensure efficient collaboration and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
As a strong agile and lean professional, you will also guide your team towards the adoption and application of our innovative company agile practices relying on our collaborative goal-setting (OKRs, Objectives-Key Results) combined to a network of empowered squads.
Your teamwork skills are out of this world and you have the eagerness to take initiative and participate. You are curious to learn new things and to contribute to our common way of working.
Main responsibilities in this role are:
- manage and lead our Oikotie Asunnot engineering squad in collaboration with product and business owners
- facilitate and coordinate the planning, development & operational work of the squad.
- act as a engineering owner of our platform, manage its continuity and modernisation while executing on our short and long term product development plans
- ensure and monitor the uptime, quality and performance of our software and data products
- ensure and continuously improved collaboration and communication and act as a interface with our internal & external customers / stakeholders
- actively promote and follow-up the adoption and application of lean and agile practices based on our company's agile operating model
Key requirements in this role are:
- lean or agile IT engineering management experience
- strong people leadership and mentorship capability and facilitation skills
- experience on modern software and data product development / platforms / architectures
- understanding of public cloud services such as AWS & Azure
- understanding of lean software development principles as well as DevOps processes
- strong understanding of simultaneously addressing product (UX) and business requirements
- excellent communication skills in English (fluency in Finnish is a plus)
Got your attention? Contact us now!
If you feel that we could offer you the workplace and the role in which you could share your knowledge and expertise, learn, get inspired, be yourself and feel good, let us know!
We would be happy to receive your application and CV as soon as possible and on Sun 28th of February at the latest. We will start to go through the applications right away, so apply now!
If you have any questions at all, please be in touch!
Jani Iiskola (Head of Engineering) jani.iiskola(at)schibsted.com
Elisa Ryynänen (People & Culture Specialist) elisa.ryynanen(at)schibsted.com