Our Team, Senators, is responsible for Smartly.io app's Facebook Ads offering. Our focus is on the most business critical area of our product — the one that creates the ads in the Facebook ecosystem you see in your social media feed. We support advertisers on all Facebook technology stacks: Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger, and support broad range of types of ads that can be utilized.
Now we are building a new collaborative campaign management tool "Workspaces" where multiple users are able to collaborate simultaneously and see each other's changes instantly - all the way from campaign creation to publishing and editing the ads. The Workspaces is built on top of multiple microservices and libraries that aim to serve as a base for any future campaign management tools. Essentially, we are not only building a Facebook campaign tool but a conceptual framework that will be used for handling campaigns in any target platform, such as Snapchat or Pinterest.
Taking this challenge you will tackle ambitious technical problems and add your mark to our Engineering culture. You will need to be hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code. You have sharp focus on delivery and pragmatism to know which tradeoffs are acceptable. We care deeply about the product experience by understanding the users’ motivations and frustrations, and genuinely want to help them.
Tech stack: TypeScript, Node.js, React, Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kubernetes.
Intrigued? Read more about our culture and What our development teams are working on.
What You’ll Do
- Lead an autonomous Fullstack development team. Lead by example.
- Facilitate the team at team level. Enable them.
- Care about your team members' growth and development. Go far together.
What we’re looking for
- Experience throughout the full software life-cycle in an environment with multiple teams.
- You have built and maintained large-scale, high-availability web applications with an active and growing user base.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback that leads to meaningful changes and growth.
- Previous experience in leading a development team.
What we offer you
You'll have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business.
If you're interested in working closely with customers, this an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
What to expect from our recruitment process
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
5. Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.