Engineering Lead - Content Visibility
Zalando Finland Oy
As an Engineering Lead in Content Visibility product, you will provide technical direction, coaching and leadership to two cross-functional engineering teams (backend, data and research engineers). You will co-own the product roadmap and business impact, and work closely with our product managers and other engineering teams. Your teams build data-driven products to optimize the content performance on Zalando Fashion Store, balancing customer and commercial goals.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Technical leadership: You provide the right guidance to your team and help them solve their technical questions, such as choice of tech stack, system architecture, code quality and system performance. You have a clear mid- and long-term technical vision for your products and foster close collaboration with other Engineering Leads to be in line with our overall tech strategy.
- Business leadership: You join the Content Visibility leadership team setting the product direction. You focus on delivering solutions with measurable impact in a timely manner.
- Team leadership: You develop agile engineering and data science teams. You help your team continuously increase velocity by coaching them to make the right decisions fast. You know what it takes to build a mature team that can work as independently as possible. You strike the right balance between giving your team sufficient freedom to grow, while knowing when to step in and help them make the right decisions.
- People leadership: You excel and hiring and developing outstanding engineers. You are a great coach to each team member and enjoy guiding them along their development path. You enjoy regular one-on-ones with your team members. You attract, assemble and retain the right engineering talent, while cultivating a culture of ownership, mastery, innovation, and purpose.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A self-driven leader who has at least five years of hands-on development experience, and who has led an agile software delivery team for at least two years.
- Thorough understanding of building microservices, RESTful APIs and event-driven architectures, preferably with JVM technologies and in a public cloud.
- Knowledge of developing machine learning products based on solid statistical and theoretical foundation.
- Excellent communicator, in both spoken and written English.
Our team has backend services written in Scala and notebooks and pipelines in Python and R. Our stack includes Spark, Databricks, Flink and Airflow, to name a few. Everything runs on Kubernetes in AWS.
PERKS AT WORK
Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.