Engineer, RF design
In Transmitter, Receiver & PSU team, technology development trend is continuing from analogue discrete HW design towards more integrated RF chips and digital PSU controllers. Therefore, we like to strengthen low level software, HW related driver and firmware knowledge in our team. Earlier experience in some of these areas mentioned below is needed, as well as basic to moderate understanding about HW, RF or PSU design. We’ll provide to you the opportunity to work in R&D team, which is developing state of the art RF transmitters/receivers and PSU’s mainly for 5G base stations.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
To support RF and PSU HW bring up work, debugging and troubleshooting RF related SW together with HW and SW designers. Creating and maintaining scripts (Windows and Linux) and developing test tools for HW bring up. Works according to given tasks. Consults, supports and guides own team’s external interfaces. Is responsible for sharing knowledge in his/her expertise area. Gives input to process development. Applies knowledge and experience to determine root cause.
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Experience in C/C++ software design in embedded systems
- Strong Experience in HW peripherals and interfaces (like SPI, I2C, GPIO)
- Experience in real time programming and Linux
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge of low-level SW, HW related drivers or firmware development
- Experience of HW designs and topologies
- Strong Experience in debugging and problem solving
- Good knowledge of version control systems
- Knowledge of software architecture basics
- Good knowledge of telecommunications
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective teamwork skills
- Good communication in English (written and spoken)
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.