Engineer, Logistics Development
Valmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
We are looking for an Engineer, Logistics Development to join our logistics team in Salo or Uusikaupunki, Finland. As part of your work you will participate to projects from early RFQ phase up until the start of production. As a logistics representative you will deep dive into business case calculations, layout planning, manning calculations, concept design and other project work on behalf of logistics. In this position you have an excellent possibility to influence logistic concept, setup of a new project and serial production. Other part of the work is continuous improvement of logistics functions. This includes identifying the saving potential in whole material chain starting from part suppliers to transportation, internal logistics as well as finished goods transportation and all other logistic functions included.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BBA degree or other similar degree in the field of business, logistics, information technology, technical and/or previous work experience in the field of logistics
- Previous knowledge from logistics, logistics development and supply chain management
- Systematical, analytical and solution-oriented working method
- Good interaction, presentation, documentation and planning skills
- Experience with project work and preferably from project management and cost calculations
- Demonstrated ability to extensively analyze data, processes and workflows
- Advanced skills with MS Office programs, especially MS Excel
- Experience with logistics software, for example different Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), SAP and AutoCAD, is considered as an advantage
- Experience with work studies methods and/or degree/certificate are considered as an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English is required
The latest development in the automotive industry – and ultimately our company – promises candidates an inspiring career. Where a long heritage as one of the world’s most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work–life balance and a feeling of creating something new. Of course, in the typical Nordic calmness at all ten locations in Finland, Germany and Poland.
29.11. at 10-11am and 2.12. at 11-12am.
+358 50 317 3449
Please send your application latest by Sun 12.12.2021.