Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for an Energy Engineer to join our Pulp Operations Finland team. Pulp Operations Finland includes three pulp mills located in Kouvola, Lappeenranta and Pietarsaari.
UPM is one of the world's leading producers of northern softwood, birch and eucalyptus pulp. We supply global customers in end use segments such as tissue, specialty and packaging as well as printing and writing papers, and board, through our own sales and technical service network close to customers. UPM Pulp operates four modern pulp mills, three in Finland and one in Uruguay, as well as eucalyptus plantations in Uruguay. UPM Pulp employs approximately 1,800 people. Annual pulp production capacity is 3.7 million tonnes. In 2019 we started the construction of a 2.1 million tonne/year greenfield eucalyptus pulp mill near Paso de los Toros in central Uruguay. The mill is scheduled to start up in the second half of 2022. Pulp Business is part of the UPM Biorefining Business Area which combines the integrated production of pulp, timber and biofuels with a synergistic supply chain of wood raw materials. www.upmpulp.com
Greetings from your future manager
”In this role you can combine your analytical and technical skills and process industry knowledge. Our team supports pulp mills with energy expertise. In our team we work independently and as a team. You will have constant communication and collaboration with pulp mill energy and production managers and engineers.” – Katja Havikari, Senior Manager, Energy
What you’ll do
As an Energy Engineer you will:
- Support pulp mills’ energy forecasting and the development of forecasting models and practices
- Be responsible of energy balances, balance calculations, and cost analysis
- Make energy calculations and take care of reporting according to standards and legislation
- Provide energy training for our personnel at mills
- Support and participate in mill related energy projects
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in a relevant field of studies and at least 2-3 years of work experience
- You enjoy working in a continuously changing environment
- You are proactive and committed to achieving results
- You work fluently in Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Location options for this position are Tampere, Kouvola, Lappeenranta and Pietarsaari.
For further information about the position, please contact Senior Manager, Energy, Katja Havikari at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358407198898 on 22.2.2021 or 2.3.2021.
Please apply via the link by 10.3.2021.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.