Engineer, Digital Design
In Nokia Mobile Networks our goal is to be a leader in 5G and provide the best value to our customers as they evolve their networks. We continue to develop our 5G portfolio according to the latest 3GPP specifications. With more than 2,100 patent families essential for 5G, we are proud of the number of industry firsts that we have completed on the path to 5G commercialization. Nokia is also the only end-to-end mobile network vendor working with the major operators around the world.
Digital Design Engineer for HW Design / SI-simulation / Integration & Verification
Main responsibility area will be the overall responsibility of specified entities. Plans, designs and executes items in own area. Coordinates activities within own responsibility area. Solves engineering problems of own technology area. Typically participates in reviews of own or neighbouring projects. May undertake technical training responsibilities.
Development of digital technology for mMIMO products.
- Design and implementation of digital hardware
- Integration, verification, test automation, reporting
- Production support
- MSc or BSc degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience of baseband digital and analogue HW design / simulation / testing / test automation (understanding basics from HW related SW and RF HW is an advantage)
- Basic knowledge of 3GPP standards
- Experience of design- and simulation tools:
- Mentor Graphics (Xpedition, Design Architect, Board station, CES, HyperLynx),
- Technology knowledge about
- processor, FPGA, memories (DDR4, Flash-memory)
- interfaces (I2C, SPI and many more standard interfaces)
- high speed interfaces (CPRI, eCPRI, JESD, USB, 1GbE, 10GbE, 25GbE)
- clock generation and distribution
- Experience in using lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc.)
- Knowledge of instrument drivers (SCPI, LabView, HPVEE) and script/programming languages like C, C# and Python
- Understanding of HW development process
- Capability in handling of electronic boards (modifications in the HW laboratory)
- Good analytical and debugging skills
- Good English language skills (written and verbal)
- Negotiation skills
- Team working skills
- Efficiency with daily routines e.g. polite, and clear verbal and written communication, chairing the meetings and timely delivery of outputs
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, developing/driving concepts, and ideas with other team members and across other parts of a large organization
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.