Energy Market Analyst
Haluatko työskennellä dynaamisessa, innovatiivisessa ja kansainvälisessä yrityksessä, joka tekee tulevaisuudesta parempaa meille kaikille? UPM on biometsäteollisuuden edelläkävijä ja rakennamme kestävää, innovaatiovetoista ja kiinnostavaa tulevaisuutta. Henkilöstömme osaaminen, terve arvopohja ja halu pyrkiä parempaan tekevät meistä ainutlaatuisia. Toimimme arvojemme mukaisesti: Luota ja ole luotettava, Tuloksia yhdessä ja Uudistu rohkeasti.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Energy Market Analyst to join our Energy Market Analysis team in Finland.
UPM Energy is one of the biggest electricity producers in Finland with production capacity of around 1 480MW. The business is focusing on electricity generation as well as trading in physical and financial markets. Industrial services for energy intensive industries is another business focus of our strategy.
We have roughly 50 energy professionals operating in Nordic and Central European energy markets. Our versatile and cost efficient generation capacity consists of hydro, nuclear and condensing power.
We continue to seek profitable growth opportunities on the Nordic CO2 emission-free electricity market. UPM Energy has a solid platform for further development based on our expertise in market operations, as well as our unrivalled knowledge in renewable and versatile energy production.
Greetings from your future manager
“Understanding the energy market, means for us, understanding key drivers for growth and sustainable success of our business. Our daily topics vary from climate change and macroeconomics to the global energy commodities and in-depths of the European power markets. I look forward to having you in my team!” -Matias Kinnunen
What you’ll do
- Further develop and operate our proprietary price forecasting models for the Nordic electricity market
- Follow and analyze the wider energy commodity market complex
- Extract valuable information from price-relevant data (demand, production, prices, hydro optimization, etc.)
- Implement new decision-support tools for Energy Market analysis as well as hedging operations
- Energetically share own views and market calls with stakeholders
- Actively contribute in Market Analysis team’s development
Who you are
- You have a university degree in engineering, math, physics or economics
- You are a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- You have a good understanding of the Nordic physical and financial power markets
- You have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have preferably computer and data management experience, i.e. Python and SQL
- You demonstrate high independency, self-leadership and willingness to learn
- You are fluent in English, ability to communicate in Nordic languages is seen as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our -personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future
The position is located in Helsinki or Tampere, Finland. Occasional travel may be required.
For more information please contact Matias Kinnunen by phone: +358406787775 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Please submit your application with attached CV via the “Apply” link latest 31st of August 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.