We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Embedded SW Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives Business Line, Renewables SW team in Helsinki.
• Embedded software development for ABB variable frequency drives
• Developing software close to hardware up to application layer as a member of Scrum team
• Participating in common control platform development that supports different CPU architectures and control units
• New SW feature development for existing and new products together with other SW and HW teams.
• A team spirited working environment, challenging and varying work assignments in global environment
• Modern agile software development practices and tools
• The possibilities for career development in a global environment, for example software architect, scrum master, product owner, project manager
• A M.Sc. in software engineering, automation or electronics
• Software development experience in medium to large size software projects
• C++ knowledge
• The knowledge of modern software development tools
• Willingness to understand customer need and applications where end-product is used
• Good written and spoken skills in English
Ideally you have
• Experience of Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, Visual Studio
• The knowledge and experience of Scrum
• Finnish skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI69141782 by July 18, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Team leader Anton Rosqvist +358 50 332 2750 or SW Department Manager Ilkka Pekkarinen, tel. +358 50 332 2834.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com