Embedded Software Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Embedded Software Engineer
Are you looking for a role that combines software products and scientific instruments in various scientific domains? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If so, this might be the perfect role for you.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer to our effective Software R&D development team in Vantaa to work with world known scientific laboratory instrument systems. As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be doing hands on development for embedded software and to work with software architecture, specifications and product scope creation with Product Management.
You will be the embedded software specialist in small and agile software team developing solutions for liquid handling, DNA/RNA purification, sample preparation and sample analysis applications.
You will be using Agile and Lean principles in your daily work. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- As an embedded software engineer you will provide expertise in developing software for hardware and instrument control
- You will act as a trusted expert to the team by being a strong team player and taking ownership of your work and contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Hands-on experience in C and C++ development
- Experience in developing embedded software for hardware
- Knowledge in different processor architectures, e.g. ARM Cortex
- Experience in working with real-time operating systems
- Understanding in electronics and ability to read schematics and troubleshoot problems
- Independent and self-driven personality
- English language skills, Finnish language skills is considered as plus.
We value also experience in these areas:
- Writing embedded software for scientific instruments using technologies like photometrics or microfluidics
- Experience in motor control, stepper motors and similar.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 61062BR. Candidates are reviewed during the process. Please apply by Sunday the 25th of February.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Elisa Hirvensalo, Sr R&D manager, +358 400 727 279 on Tuesday the 6th of February between 15-16 or Friday the 16th of February between 14-15.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1098750
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Vantaa