We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our team at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be a member of the Scrum team that develops software from close to hardware up to the application layer. We offer you a position in a global working environment with a high team spirit and challenging and varying work assignments. You will have the opportunity to develop into software specialist, software architect, scrum master, or product owner.
Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods. Development and work planning is done in Scrum teams. The local software department consists of around 50 developers and we co-operate globally with teams in China and Switzerland. Continuous integration, automated testing and modern tools are key elements for our daily work.
• Embedded software development for the ACS880 drives product family
• Participation in common control platform development which supports different CPU architectures and control units
• Defining technical concepts and refining customer needs together with software team and hardware development
• Maintenance of existing products and solving challenging problems
• Quality assurance in all phases of development work
• A challenging position in an international and team spirited working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of trainings and daily collaboration with other experts
• Possibility to see your code distributing around the world in volume products
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. in software engineering, automation or electronics
• A few years’ experience in software development in medium to large sized software projects
• C and C++ knowledge
• Knowledge of modern software development tools and methods
• Willingness to understand customer needs and applications where the end product is used
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, Visual Studio
• Experience of Scrum
• Finnish language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65127021 by September 28, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Anton Rosqvist, tel. +358 50 332 2750 or Ilkka Pekkarinen, tel. +358503322834.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com