- Oikotie Työpaikat
- Jätä ilmoitus
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our team at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be a member of the Scrum team that develops software from close to hardware up to the application layer. We offer you a position in a global working environment with a high team spirit and challenging and varying work assignments. You will have the opportunity to develop into a software architect, scrum master, or product owner.
Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods. Development and work planning is done in Scrum teams. The local software department consists of around 50 developers, and we co-operate globally with teams in China and Switzerland. Continuous integration, automated testing and modern tools are key elements of our daily work.
• Embedded software development for the ACS880 drive product family
• Participation in common control platform development that supports different CPU architectures and control units
• Defining technical concepts and refining customer needs together with the software team and hardware development
• Maintenance of existing products and solving challenging problems
• Quality assurance in all phases of development work
• A challenging position in an international working environment with a good team spirit
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training and daily collaboration with other experts
• The possibility to see your code distributed around the world in volume products
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• An M.Sc. or B.Sc. in software engineering, automation or electronics
• A few years’ experience in software development in medium- to large-sized software projects
• Knowledge of C and C++
• Knowledge of modern software development tools and methods
• A willingness to understand customer needs and applications where the end product is used
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS and Visual Studio
• Experience of Scrum
• Finnish language skills
Interested in joining the crew?
Apply for the position with the job ID FI64474188 by June 23, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact contact Janne Korhonen, tel. +358 50 332 4002, or Ilkka Pekkarinen, tel. +358 50 332 2834.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com