We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for Embedded Linux Software Engineers to join our talented software development team at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions business line in Vaasa. You will be developing technologies, products and solutions for ABB's Business Units globally. In this position you will work in an agile development team of control and communication products creating value for your internal and external customers as part of a world-class team of professionals. You can be recently graduated or professional with years of experience.
• A challenging position in a global R&D team working in the front line of distribution automation products
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Solid knowledge and experience in Open Source Linux development
• Experience on unit testing and test automation frameworks
• An innovative and creative attitude
• A customer-oriented way of working
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• Experience on Embedded systems development and agile development methods
• Knowledge of VPN, OpenSSL and Mobile networks.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68319382 by August 12, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Timo A. Ahola , tel +358 50 334 4142.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com