Embedded Linux Software architect and designer
Airbus Defence and Space
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for an Embedded Linux Software architect and designer to join our team in Helsinki. In this role you will be working in the DSP & TBS Software team in our TETRA Infra Software Engineering organization. In this role, you will participate to the development of the next generation of Airbus SLC TETRA Base Station (TBS).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- The responsibility of the software architecture and the coordination of the software development activities together with Line Manager, Project Managers and suppliers
- Specifications, development and sub-system integration of TETRA applications and new features on top of the platform software,
- Integration with other sub-systems of the Base Station, including the Radio Module, DSP applications implementing the PHY and lower MAC layers of the Air Interface, the Encryption Module, the Transport System Module, and OAM,
- maintenance of the TETRA Base Station Software
We are looking for a candidate with:
- MSc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications
- at least 5-10 years of experience in embedded Linux drivers and applications development (C/C++) in a Radio Communication (Access Network) domain,
- experience with IP, IPsec and QoS,
- ability to work at different levels of complexity from concepts to implementation,
- familiar with Project Management topics, ability to establish and maintain software development schedule,
- experience with development in Agile environment is nice to have,
- fluent in English
We hope you are passionate about creativity and building something new. Showing enthusiasm for the work you are doing and towards our shared goals is something we value. To succeed in this kind of role you need to be a team player and eager to work in cross cultural teams.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by December 9th. For further information, please contact the hiring manager Christophe Brutel (+358 40 192 4414).
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: