Embedded Continuous Integration Engineer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a continuous integration engineer for embedded software at ABB Oy, Drives business line in Helsinki. In this position, you will take part in the development of CI/CD infrastructure, tools and processes. You will actively improve quality, shorten the lead time for changes and keep up with industry best practices and trends. You will work within a global, cross-functional, multitalented software development team.
- Supporting and setting up build processes.
- Managing automated verification for builds.
- Collaborating with multiple teams in a large-scale, global environment on development of pipelines.
- Contributing to firmware quality and test framework.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or an equivalent degree.
- Experience in scripting languages, e.g. Groovy or Python.
- Experience of Jenkins configuration.
- Experience using Git.
- Innovative and open-minded personality with an “automate everything” approach to work.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ideally, you have experience with software configuration management, server administration and maintenance, virtualization, and information visualization.
- Understanding of embedded software product development, especially software testing, tools and best practices is beneficial.
- Experience with test automation frameworks, e.g. MSTest or Robot, and basic knowledge of variable frequency drives and industrial products are considered as an advantage.
- Communication and collaboration skills to support teams in adopting CI tools are an asset.
- Experience with DevOps tools and technologies, such as Ansible, AWX, Azure DevOps/TFS, Docker, GitLab, Grafana etc. is seen as advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Possibility to focus on development of test automation or configuration of continuous integration systems, depending on your interests and skills.
• An excellent opportunity to apply your technical skills and latest DevOps technologies to automate processes for testing and developing high quality software.
• An opportunity to further your career in a global company, including collaboration with R&D SW teams on multiple continents and possibility for travel.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71695954 by October 27, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Pekka Alho, tel: +358 50 3322 968 or email pekka.alho(a)fi.abb.com.