We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Continuous Integration Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will take part in the development of Continuous Integration infrastructure, tools and processes. You will actively improve quality, shorten the lead time for changes and keep up with industry best practices and trends. You will work within a global, cross-functional, multitalented software development team.
• Support and set up build processes.
• Manage automated verification for builds.
• Collaborate with multiple teams in a large-scale, global environment on development of pipelines.
• Contribute to firmware quality and test framework.
• Possibility to focus on development of test automation or configuration of continuous integration systems, depending on your interests and skills.
• An excellent opportunity to apply your technical skills and latest DevOps technologies to automate processes for testing and developing high quality software.
• An opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or an equivalent degree.
• Experience in scripting languages, e.g. Groovy or Python.
• Experience using modern version control systems, such as Git.
• Experience of Jenkins configuration.
• Innovative and open-minded personality with an “automate everything” approach to work.
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience with DevOps tools and technologies, such as Ansible, Graphana, InfluxDB, MongoDB, server administration and maintenance, virtualization, and information visualization, is seen as advantage.
• Understanding of embedded software product development, especially software testing, tools and methods.
• Software development skills in C++ or C#.
• Experience with test automation frameworks, e.g. Robot.
• Communication and collaboration skills to support teams in adopting CI tools.
• Knowledge of variable frequency drives and industrial products.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66666014 by March 20, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Pekka Alho, tel: +358 50 3322 968.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com