We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an Electronics Design Engineer or Senior Electronics Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. This role is as much about cooperation and communication as it is about electronics. In this position, you will work with PCBA product lifecycle management, from ramp-up to ramp-down. You will be closely cooperating with our Electronics Manufacturing Service providers and various ABB Drives product development and product engineering locations worldwide. Your tasks will also include PCBA improvement and verification tasks as well as test system design project coordination.
• Cooperation with Electronics Manufacturing Service providers, ABB product development and product engineering locations worldwide
• PCBA product lifecycle management, from ramp-up to ramp-down
• PCBA production test system design and project management
• PCBA quality and reliability improvement design and verification tasks
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in the area of electronics lifecycle management, physics of failure and problem solving
• The chance to work with world-class technology together with a team of experienced professionals
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company and to work with electronics on a wide scope with tasks varying from project management to problem solving
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc.in electronics or other relevant field
• A few years’ of experience with electronics design
• Good cooperating and networking skills as well as a problem solving attitude
• Experience with PCBA manufacturing processes and production test systems
• Knowledge of printed circuit board design for manufacturability
• Skills with the Microsoft Office environment and Mentor Graphics PADS
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of quality control for printed circuit board production
• Experience with reliability testing
• An understanding of the main circuits of frequency converters
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64911261 by October 14, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jonas Strandell, tel. +358 50 332 9222.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com