Electric Design Engineer
In the marine and oil & gas industries, no other company has a broader offering of technologically advanced, environmentally sustainable, and economically sound solutions. We at Wärtsilä are leading the industry’s transformation towards a Smart Marine Ecosystem, whereby real-time communication and the digitalisation of all aspects of shipping and port operations, including the entire logistics chain, are utilised to create long-term value for our customers and partners. With an integrated product portfolio comprising full lifecycle solutions that are supported by the market’s most extensive service network, we are able to optimise performance and achieve the safest, smartest, most ecological and efficient operating profiles possible.
Wärtsilä Marine Business is now looking for an Electric Design Engineer to strengthen Catalyst Systems product line’s Engineering team in growing environmental business.
In our dynamic and entrepreneurial organization we develop, sell, and deliver world class emission control solutions. As part of our team you will collaborate across our organization/suppliers delivering catalyst systems and solutions to Energy, Marine and Service projects.
Location: Vaasa, Finland / Turku, Finland
As an Electric Design Engineer your main responsibility is to design and develop electrical systems for SCR equipment together with our experts.
Following tasks are essential part of your work:
- Create project specific SCR system electrical d rawings / wiring diagrams for customer delivery projects
- Support on development of new products and product features
- Support suppliers, sales and projects on electrical related ques tions
- Depending on your automation skills, you can take role on the autom ation related work as well
- M.Sc or B.Sc in Electrical eng ineering, Industrial automation or equivalent
- Ability to read and produce wiring diagrams, schematics and other related documents
- Troubleshooting capability in electrical systems
- Understanding for process instrumentation and u se of signals for process control purposes
- Knowledge of industrial automation, electrical codes (IEC, UL), and working experience with electrical/automation design related tasks is seen as an asset
- Systematic, active and innovative approach to work
- CAD skills in AutoCad or comparable design tool
- Good communication and teamwork skills, as we ll as ability to work independently when required
- Fluent English and Finnish or Swedish
- Readiness to travel occasionally
Please apply by 23rd of June, 2019.
Person to give more information:
General Manag er, Technology
Email: pekka.kinnari@wartsila .com
Mobile: +358 50 5726585
Last application date: 23/06/2019