Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 64 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of experience: from foodservices, reception, maintenance and cleaning, to facilities and equipment management; from services and programs fostering employees’ engagement to solutions that simplify and optimize their mobility and expenses management to in-home assistance, child care centers and concierge services. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced and results driven EHS Manager to lead the environment, health and safety (EHS) activities for a strategic client account in Finland. You partner with our site-level operations teams to ensure that governance, procedures and internal processes within EHS to comply with both local country legislations and regulations, and client expectations. The client has sites in Espoo, Vantaa and Tampere where regular visits are required. You report to the Account Country Lead Finland, and coordinate with client’s Nordic EHS Manager as well as Sodexo’s QHSE team in Finland.
Your main responsibilities:
- Development, implementation and review of EHS operational policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations
- Leading continual improvement of EHS and driving progress according to client and Sodexo’s objectives and expectations
- Developing and implementing improvement programs and delivering key strategic objectives
- Promoting safety culture through good practice, standards, engagement, risk management, and communication
- Instructing and training operations leaders, team members and client’s personnel in EHS policies and assist the teams in incorporating safety standards on site
- Conducting and participating in audits, with follow-up on subsequent actions
- Handling legislative issues, authority inquiries, findings and deviations related to EHS
- Lead incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and implement corrective action plans, and share learnings.
- Setting up of routines for handling chemicals and hazardous waste
- Emergency tools maintenance
To succeed in this role, you need:
- At least 5+ years of experience as an EHS professional, preferably in a large international company
- Experience in hazard identification, incident management, root cause analysis, ISO certification process and internal auditing
- Experience from laboratory environments, including chemical management, is an advantage
- Experience from coordinating certified management systems
- Experience from process implementation and quality-oriented approach
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, changing organization
- Fluent Finnish and English, with effective communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant field, e.g. Engineering, Safety or Environment Science
- Safety management certificates are an advantage
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards
- Analytical, systematic and autonomous working style
- Can-do attitude and a strong team spirit
We offer you the opportunity to join our strong account site team, where we support our client’s business with a wide array of integrated services. With your expertise, you can make a significant impact to our client’s EHS set-up.
Do you want to join the world leader in Quality of Life services? Then leave us your application and CV in English by no later than May 30, 2021.
For more details, you can contact Account Country Lead Mikko Malila, 050 341 0672, or email@example.com