Education Officer (m/f/d)
EIT RawMaterials Innovation Hub Baltic Sea
Your mission and responsibilities
This position has two related areas of responsibility.
1) Regional activities (Finland, Sweden, Baltics): Leading the learning and education activities in the Innovation Hub Baltic Sea with focus on the Innovation Hub partners while ensuring smooth cooperation of all Learning and Education operations with and across the whole EIT RawMaterials organisation, by
- Evaluating regional industry needs regarding skills & competencies of their current and future workforce, in co-operation with industrial partners
- Further developing and executing an education strategy with a focus on the needs of the raw materials sector in the Baltic Sea area while taking into account the particular educational landscape of the region and the needs of EIT RawMaterials’ partners in the region
- Supporting Innovation Hub Baltic Sea partners in developing new project proposals for submission to a centralized funding process at EIT RawMaterials
- Being the main contact for all Innovation Hub Baltic Sea education project partners. This includes monitoring progress, performance and budget of projects and trouble-shooting, when necessary
- Stimulating and facilitating dialogue and activities between local and regional/international partners in the areas of higher education, schools, and professional development
- Fostering cooperation with industry and research organisations through education programmes
2) Pan-European activities: Contributing to the development and implementation of the Raw Materials Academy together with the entire EIT RawMaterials Education Team (the Education Officers in the other Innovation Hubs and the Education Director).Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in managing projects or programs, ideally in an international context and diverse matrix organization(s) (business, universities) - experience with educational programs will be considered an asset
- MSc or PhD Degree in the raw materials field (e.g Geology, Mining and Minerals Processing, Chemical / Process Engineering or Material Science)
- Good understanding of the European Higher Education Area and Bologna process.
- An appropriate network of personal contacts in the Nordic and Baltic raw materials education ecosystem would be an extra asset
- Fluency in English
- Solid business judgment, orientation for progress, practical application of technical solutions, broad, flexible and interdisciplinary thinking
- Openness and partnership/client orientation as well as the capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders with relevance for innovation
- Ability to problem-solve, excellent project management; communication and interpersonal skills with the team working ability; efficient meeting management and organization, and facilitation of groups in workshops or conference formats; high work ethic, proactivity and autonomy in work organization, coordination and discipline, flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Positive attitude towards the task/ role and enthusiasm in order to create value for the raw materials sector and achieve the desired results and impact.
What we offer
- Work in the largest consortium in the European raw materials sector spanning across 25 EU countries
- Being part of a pan-European network of industry, R&D and academia participants
- Participating in the creation of new education programmes with excellent partners
- Good compensation package, opportunity to work on innovative ideas and exciting educational projects, within an international environment.
We value all kinds of diversity in our team!
Applications deadline is December 17th.
Thank you for considering a career at EIT Raw Materials GmbH. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.