Barona ICT Services Oy
Our international client company is looking for Drone Operator to join their Flight Operations team in HELSINKI, Finland (initially Vuosaari). The contract is made fixed-term for 12 months.
The company we are looking for a Drone Operator is reshaping the future of delivery. The company is an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. They have also developed an unmanned traffic management platform - a kind of air traffic control for unmanned aircraft - to safely route drones through the sky. The service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. The company is originally created in 2012.
The ideal candidate will help the company to operate and maintain small unmanned autonomous aircraft systems. You will be working with a multidisciplinary team of technicians and field operators to facilitate operation of the system.
Your day-to-day encompasses a variety of activities including:
- organizing, operating and maintaining operations
- managing logistics and equipment to support ongoing operations
- operating the ground control station, aircraft and system ground infrastructure
- updatings maps
- inspecting aircraft and conducting launch and recovery operations
- acting as a sUAS (Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems) pilot in command
- managing system configuration during deployments.
What you'll need:
- interest in drones
- strong written and oral communication in English and Finnish
- understanding of map services
- driver’s license applicable to Finnish Regulations
- ability to work independently and in teams while still maintaining rigorous attention to detail required in an operations environment
- sUAS operational experience in Finland
- sUAS radio license for Finland
- Knowledge of existing aviation-related regulations concerning aviation & UAS operations
- Experience with technical troubleshooting of software and/or hardware and the ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, concise manner
The work will start as soon as possible and will last for twelve (12) months. In case you’re interested, don’t hesitate to apply right away and let us know when you're available to start working. Please don't forget to attach your CV! The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.