Documentation Technologies Specialist/Desktop Publisher
Airbus Defence and Space
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Documentation Technologies Specialist/Desktop Publisher to join our Documentation & Translation Services team in Helsinki. You will be responsible for customer documentation desktop publishing, as well as for the archiving of approved documents in specific libraries. You will also lead the digital transformation and development of the customer documentation in collaboration with your colleagues. You will give support to the technical writing team and other functions in documentation tools and graphics in Finland and France.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Performing customer documentation desktop publishing, by assisting the technical writers on site
• Developing, conceptualizing and formatting documents and graphics in support of technical writers
• Performing print and/or electronic production, for printed and web publication
• Archiving the approved documents and approval forms
• Updating the relevant documentation libraries and documents sets.
What we are looking for a candidate with:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field or languages or similar
• Minimum 5 years of experience in documentation technologies
• Skills in graphic design and layout
• Solid experience working with FrameMaker, Arbortext, Adobe Acrobat Pro and On-Line Help tools
• Good knowledge of documentation and IT technologies
• Experience applying and using pre-set styles for technical documentation
• Ability to propose new layouts/formats within a digitalization conversion of the documentation
• Knowledge of graphic tools, such as Microsoft Visio, Photoshop, Micrograhics Designer
• Knowledge of Confluence and Jira is a plus
• Ability to adapt to/use different in-house tools
• Ability to provide tool support for the technical writers and other functions, as needed
• Ability to work in an Agile environment
• Ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
• Quick, versatile, meticulous, curious, responsive and completely autonomous
• Fluent in Finnish and English. French and German are seen as a plus
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by December 12th. For further information, please contact hiring manager Nathalie Gaillard, +33633332718.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: