We are seeking a driven Director of Strategic Marketing for our Growth Accelerator team. Strategic Marketing Director will support Kemira’s long-term growth to become the leading provider of sustainable chemical solutions by providing strategic marketing leadership for selected strategic initiatives. The main accountabilities of the role are:
Lead strategic marketing planning and execution to create business opportunities, provide direction and implement key strategic marketing initiatives to support the business growth within the Growth Accelerator unit scope
Carry out relevant analyses of markets, competition, landscapes and technologies to provide insights and data for marketing strategy development
Develop and implement marketing strategy, programs and plans for the specific products, value proposals, pricing and promotion, geographic expansion, customer segments and/or applications
Influence the target markes and create customer demand by planning and managing stakeholder relations and strategy, with specific focus on brandowners, high-profile lead customers and key opinion leaders
Co-lead advocacy planning and activities for relevant focus areas
Lead a small team of marketing and technology intelligence experts
What you can expect from us:
- Be part of creating a better future by commercializing and scaling up new innovative products that improve the sustaibility of our societies
- Explore innovative ways to identify and create market demand, to create a marketing strategy to match the market demand, and to effectively communicate value proposals of new innovative technologies to our customers
- Be part of creating future growth as a part of a new Accelerator Unit which is in the core of the company’s long term strategy and sustainability targets
- Work in a Global, Finnish company that is committed to innovation, cares for people and is dedicated to customer success
- A unique and exceptional team of world-class experts and colleagues to work with
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Master’s degree or above, major in chemistry or other relevant technical field with MBA, or Masters in Marketing is preferred
- At least 10-15 years working experience in the chemical industry or other relevant B2B industry, preferbly multiple industries. Understanding of B2C marketing is considered an advantage
- Seasoned professional knowledge in marketing and/or business development. Broad business knowledge of biomaterials and biobased chemicals is preferred.
- Proven successful track record in creating new opportunities in new markets, and being involved in innovation and commercialization of new products
- Understanding of the target markets, including market dynamics, technical requirements, customer needs, value creation and market trends
- Strong strategic thinking and courage to develop new creative solutions
- Proven team management and talent development experience
- Excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence and an ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Visible leadership and commitment in safety, ethics and compliance
This position can be located in one of our locations in Europe or in North America.
Join Kemira and create better every day
For more information, please contact Sampo Lahtinen, SVP Growth Accelerator by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply with CV no later than 17 August 2022 at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer.
Kemira is a global leader in sustainable chemical solutions for water intensive industries. We provide best suited products and expertise to improve our customers’ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, water treatment and oil & gas. In 2021, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.7 billion and around 5,000 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.