Director, Operations, Salo
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. With a clear focus on eDrive Engineering - paired with outstanding manufacturing competence - we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
In this position you have full responsibility for our Salo plant operations with more than 700 employees. Also, as a member of the EVBL management team, you are expected to contribute to the overall direction of the EVBL strategy.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• P/L responsibility of Salo Operations
• Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all Salo plant operations-related activities.
• Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for logistics, production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
• Coordinate plant activities through planning with departments' managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
• Short- and long-term planning and development of the company as well as key projects/investments planning and execution.
• Demonstrate leadership, communication proficiency, decision making, problem solving and analysis, financial management, business acumen.
• Manage all employees, and be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that plant.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the CEO as and when needed
We would like you to have
• Preferably MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
• 10+ years of progressive manufacturing experience.
• 7+ years of supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Responsible leadership roles, preferably in manufacturing, project business, fast pacing environment
• Experience in expanding plant sites preferred
• Capability to work in international, cross-functional team and matrix organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in addition to strong coordination skills in a multi-cultural environment
• Strong leadership qualities and excellent networking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
We are looking for a person, who is willing to take a strong professional role and leadership with internal and external parties and is committed to long-term operations and business development. In return, we can offer an opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced industry, which is not for faint-hearted. In this highly impactful position, you have a true chance to leave your mark on the development of battery systems for e-mobility.
Valmet Automotive with its typical Nordic calmness provides an international footprint and an environment that enables employees to go forward and succeed with their jobs. Where a long heritage as one of the world's most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of creating something new.
Sounds interesting? Please submit you CV by Open Vacancies - Staffpoint no later than 4.2.2022. Need further information? Call Staffpoint Executive Senior Advisor Manne Tiensuu, p. 0503858760.