Director, Occupational Health
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a qualified physician for the position of Director, Occupational Health to provide leadership and direction for our global occupational health services. You will be a member of a professional UPM occupational health and safety team and working for a company which is committed to world-class performance in health and safety of 19000 employees in 46 countries. The position is located in Helsinki, Finland.
Greetings from your future manager
“We are looking for a dynamic and open-minded physician ready to move our global health and well-being to the next level. You feel comfortable working with others and don’t mind rolling-up your sleeves. This is a great opportunity to join our intercultural working environment!” – Merja Partio
What you’ll do
In this position, you will focus on UPM’s occupational health agenda and initiatives. With a comprehensive view on UPMers health and well-being, you will set a direction that directly improves our employee’s day-to-day lives, both in the workplace and elsewhere. You will collaborate with key stakeholders to provide innovative solutions. You will work closely with internal Occupational Health & Safety and Human Resources professionals in all our business areas, external experts, possible technology partners and insurance companies to foster health and well-being through evidence-based methods and supporting services. You will report to UPM OHS director.
Your main task will include:
- Develop and update of a global long-term OH plan adjusted by valid new information
- Ensure and guide global working ability management and effective OH processes
- Support our business leaders and contribute to decision-making
- Provide the most recent information regarding workplace health, hygiene, internal medicine, work ability, health and well-being and interpret this data leading to possible guidelines and recommendations
- Communicate proactively and build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
Who you are
You have solid experience and strong professional background in health and well-being. Experience in a global industrial environment and managerial role is an advantage.
- You are a specialist in occupational health and medicine
- You are experienced in strategic thinking and program design regarding continuous improvement
- You are an experienced leader with a strong track record of driving successful development projects
- You have a solid experience in business processes as well as implementing and evaluating related policies, and procedures
- You have commercial understanding to guide operative plans and budgets of effective OH activities
- You have an excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information please contact Merja Partio, Director OHS, by phone +358406483303 (on 5th of July at 9am-11am, on 15th of July at 10am-11am or on 29th of July at 2pm-4pm) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via the link and attach your CV by 31st of July, 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
For UPM positions located in Finland, a security background check may be performed for those selected in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.