Director, Demand and Supply Chain Management
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 29.11.2019
In this role you will work in Vaisala’s Operations unit. We provide value to our customers with winning high mix-low volume supply chain network and we are passionate about driving operational excellence.
We are looking for:
Operations organization consists of four manufacturing locations (Vantaa, Boulder, Saclay, Shanghai), with more than 400 Operations employees in total. The key functions are: Factories, Sourcing, Demand & Supply Chain Management, Production Technology and Quality & Operational Excellence.
We are now searching for an experienced Director, to lead the Demand and Supply Chain Management function which consists of following teams:
• Demand (incl S&OP) and production planning team
• Materials management (supply planning, procurement, receiving, warehousing, replenishment)
• Packing and shipping team (courier, freight, forwarding)
• Operative IT-tool development team
• Trade Compliance support expert
The primary focus of this role is the operational responsibility for Vantaa factory supply chain. However, you will also work on a global scale that covers processes, tools and best practices across all Vaisala manufacturing locations.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
• Leading DSCM organization of ~80 people
• Developing processes, practices and tools by using Lean methodologies, in DSCM and Operations overall
• Ensuring that the key performance KPI´s for DSCM teams are met
• Managing the Supply Chain module of ERP renewal project as the project owner
• Collaborating closely with Sales, Sourcing, Factories and Supplier Quality Management to ensure smooth supply of materials and customer deliveries
• Actively contributing to the Vaisala Operations management team work
You will work in a close co-operation with different teams within Vaisala, both in Finland and abroad.
To be successful in this role, we're searching for a candidate with the following qualifications:
• Over 7 years of experience in supply chain management in electronics industry
• Knowledge of Lean practices and methodologies
• Deep understanding of ERP and other SCM systems
• Proactive, hands-on approach to solving challenges
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communications, influencing and negotiation skills
• Experience of M&A integrations is an advantage
You preferably have an M.Sc Degree in Engineering or in Economics.
In this role, you report to Executive Vice President Operations Vesa Pylvänäinen, and you are a member of the Operations Management Team. This position is located at Vaisala head office in Vantaa.
Interested? Please send your application and CV with salary request by 15th of December 2019.