Director, Data Management Office
We are looking for a head of Data Management Office for UPM.
Data is one of UPMs’ strategic assets. The mission of the Data Management team is to define and implement the data architecture, data security and data collection practices (DataOps) according to the UPM data governance model. The DMO team works closely with all UPM businesses and functions as well as with the corporate centres of excellences such as analytics and data science.
We are looking for a Director, Data Management Office to design and implement the data architecture and data security practices, to participate in data-driven development initiatives and to be accountable for related data services provided by external service partners.
The director of DMO works closely with global process owners from different businesses and functions e.g. finance and technology and with other IT teams.
The Data Management Office is part of the UPM IT organization. The position holder reports to Vice President, IT Business Services, UPM IT.
What you will be accountable for:
- Data management team (DMO) leadership and support for UPM data governance
- Development and deployment of the enterprise data and analytics platform for digital business
- Data management for digital transformation and analytics initiatives
- Data quality assurance and continuous improvement actions and their execution
- Data stewardship and master data management supporting data owners
- Data security according to the UPM IT security and compliance guidelines
- Data management definitions and concepts
- Data management practices, service and support
- Data architecture management according to UPM business- IT architecture guidelines
- Related stakeholder management towards UPM businesses and functions
- DMO budgeting, cost and cost allocation
What we will expect from you:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in data management and master data areas
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or an equivalent university degree
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills: ability to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and lead change to achieve common goals
- Demonstrated leadership: proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions
- Proven data literacy: ability to describe business use cases or outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches and options as well as ability to translate such concept to language used by executive, business, IT and stakeholders
- Experience of data cloud platforms such as MS Azure and AWS, SAP analytic, data lakes, data warehouses and integration
- Capability to look for future data management technologies
- Ability to communicate data models and concepts both to IT and to UPM businesses
- Understanding and experience of Enterprise Architecture concepts, IT management and operation processes
- Experience in supporting business or function processes is a benefit
- Experience in working in an international environment with global distributed stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, primarily in English
- Results driven mind-set and strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with change management skills
- A meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled IT team which we call the Digiforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve commonly shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Greetings from your future manager:
“UPM IT has an active role in the UPM digitalization journey and in adopting new technologies with agility and speed by utilizing the IT partner ecosystem. Data as a UPM asset, business driven IT service development, IT service delivery and IT transformations are focus areas in UPM IT strategy. Being trustworthy and capable as a leader is key for the success within these areas. Welcome to join the team!” – Mikko Raitio
The position is located in Helsinki or Tampere.
For further information please contact Janne Borro, 044 542 9644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via the link and attach your CV and cover letter by the end of 22.2.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.