ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an experienced professional to take up the role of Digital Transformation Manager at ABB, Marine & Ports Business Unit. The preferred locations for the position are Vuosaari in Helsinki, Finland or Billingstad in Oslo, Norway. Other possible locations are Singapore, Genova in Italy, Miramar in Florida, USA or Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
You will be responsible for building up a new set of services, work with the Service Units to increase the sales competences, build up a delivery capability to match the project portfolio and for the first transformation projects with our customers act as the Bid Manager during sales and as the Project Manager during execution. Your main customer contact would be the Chief Digital Officer or equivalent roles that lead or execute our customers’ digital transformation activities. You will be a member of the Digital Service Management Team and report to the Head of Digital Services.
• Leading the new Digital Transformation project business globally
• Building the offering portfolio
• Building up the delivery capability (incl. suppliers and partners)
• Building and developing relationships with key customers and stakeholders
• The opportunity to drive the digitalization of the marine industry
• The opportunity to be part of selling cutting-edge solutions in the areas of software, machine learning, analytics and sensor fusion
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Entrepreneurial drive
• A proven track record in management or sales of software-based products, projects or services, with success stories
• Experienced team leader
• A good knowledge of digital technologies and trends
• Willingness to travel (60–80 days per year)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• A maritime background, particularly in ship operation or software-based products, projects and services
• Background from large software delivery projects to enterprise customers
• Track record of building up a new business
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68979850 by May 28, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tomas Arhippainen, Head of Business Development and Digital, Global Service, tel. +358 50 332 4886.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com