Digital Product Owner
Wärtsilä Oyj Abp
Welcome to Wärtsilä! For our development teams in Helsinki/Drunen, we are looking for an experienced Digital Product Owner who wants to be part of creating the innovative digital platform fuelling our data driven digital products and services.
Imagine, you are on a cruise ship enjoying your well-deserved holiday. You are drinking a cocktail while enjoying the nice weather on the sun deck near the pool. Everything is perfect.
Meanwhile, in the engine room, one of the chief mechanics is getting an alert. It seems that the temperature of one of the main fuel pumps is increasing unexpectedly. After a quick check-up, it seems that one of the valves is broken and needs to be repaired immediately. Due to our machine learning algorithms, unplanned downtime of the cruise ship was prevented.
Do you want to develop innovative services for the marine and energy industries? Do you want to improve safety, reliability and efficiency of vessels and power plants? If so this position at Wärtsilä might be the next step in your career. Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers.
Together with one of our scrum teams of developers, testers and data scientists, you will work on the development of software which will be used for predictive maintenance and performance optimization of our customers’ assets. Your focus areas will be the operational data infrastructure that allows our equipment experts and digital solutions to effectively use the data of hundreds of ocean-going vessels and power plants to provide insights toward our customers.
Our data infrastructure is responsible to source and process millions of measurements every second. To keep this running, we develop a platform for monitoring and managing IoT devices, data pipelines and more. The data infrastructure is in the core of our digital products as well as the enabler leveraging operational data in all parts of the organization.
Your success in this role will be defined by your interest to connect with varying stakeholders and balance development with optimal operation of the platform.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You take care of the development of a committed sprint plan in consultation with other product owners, business owners and other stakeholders, ensuring requirements are clear and deliverables are defined.
- You identify risks and define risk reduction and mitigation plans.
- You understand the customer’s needs, business requirements and prioritized features, and convey that to the team.
- Prioritize and own the backlog.
- Align changes and priorities and communicate about the progress towards business owners and other stakeholders.
- Realize the best product possible by being actively engaged with all involved teams.
What do we expect from you?
- You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, computer sciences, or another relevant field combined with a minimum of 4 years of working experience in a similar position, or 8 years of experience in software / IT development.
- You have proven leadership experience in Agile / Scrum and preferably experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Able to translate relatively vague business input to a committed sprint planning agreed with stakeholders. • Excellent communication skills combined with problem solving and pragmatic attitude.
- Conceptual, analytical and creative thinker with a proactive attitude and ability to learn.
- Acts as a team player, whilst being self-directing.
- Fluent in English, both orally and written, Dutch and Finnish are seen as an advantage.
We do we offer for you?
- Join cutting edge team transforming maritime and energy industry with smart technologies
- Engaged colleagues with relaxed atmosphere
- International work network, you will be working with colleagues across the globe
- Career growth opportunities, Wärtsilä is a large global company with presence in various industries
Possible locations for this position are Drunen, Netherlands and Helsinki, Finland.
Please submit your application at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 23rd November, 2020.
Chief Digital Product Owner, Digital Product Development