DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer
We're looking for a DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer to work closely with the development teams and customer-facing teams to continuously improve, support, secure, and operate our production and test environments.
We believe in automating our infrastructure as much as possible and pursuing challenging problems in a sustainable and repeatable way. Currently, our infrastructure processes petabytes of data every month through hundreds of servers.
Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Logstash, Jenkins, Grafana
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch
Hybrid Cloud: 1100+ dedicated servers and Private Cloud, Infrastructure as code.
Our workplace is flexible, and as a part of our DevOps team, you can choose the best ways for you to work, attending development teams dailies and retros that are all located here in Helsinki.
Find out more about what it's like to be an engineer at Smartly.io at smartly.io/developerand smartly.io/blog/how-engineers-work-at-smartlyio.
- Production experience with distributed/scalable systems consisting of multiple microservices and high traffic web applications
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- Knowledge of how the web works and HTTP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language. Smartly uses Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP
- Containerizing application and deployment to production (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in SQL, building complex queries and procedures.
- Experience with with SQL databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like Redis or anything in between.
- Knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening, secure software, compliance GDPR.
- Familiarity with automated build pipeline / continuous integration using Jenkins, Hubot, Kubernetes/Docker. With this setup, we're deploying to production 20 times per day!
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a self-organizing team.
- Opportunity to travel to meet customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world via our Developer Rotation program.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.
What to expect from our recruiting process:
1. First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
2. Technical interview: we’ll discuss various areas from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more. We don’t expect anyone to be an expert in everything.
3. Coding exercise: we’ll be doing code review/pair programming an Ansible playbook to make sure that you can also work with code. Previous experience with Ansible is not necessarily required, as the session will be very interactive.
4. Meet your future DevOps team to learn what they are working with. After that the final interview with our Engineering Director and your team lead.