Poolia Suomi Oy
To strengthen our customer’s Nordic Business Technology team, we are looking for a permanent DevOps Engineer to aid in delivering solutions that will enable St1 to benefit from opportunities in the business environment created by energy transition and to find competitive edge from digitalization.
For a DevOps Engineer St1 Business Technology is a great place to put existing skills into action and to learn and develop those even further. You will have a unique hands-on possibility to make real impact by developing our tools and processes in an environment of multiple vendors, technologies and business domains.
In this job, you need to have a good tolerance of uncertainty, disciplined way of working, and ability to prioritize the tasks at hand based on what brings the most value for the company. It is less important if you already have all the competences, experience and knowhow described in this job advertisement but more important that you have an enthusiasm to hands-on engage in problem solving in collaboration with other people and continuously learn for more.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate closely with our infrastructure and development teams, application owners and business stakeholders to plan and deliver solutions that work end-to-end both from business and operational perspective
- Facilitate communication between development teams and other stakeholders and when needed act as intermediary or ”translator” between diverse stakeholders.
- Help projects to plan relevant QA and deployment activities
- Together with development teams further develop our CI/CD processes and ways of working
- This role is not strictly pre-defined, but one of your first tasks would be to identify how to develop this role to best match our needs
- As an example, we currently have a need to plan and implement a change management framework where your input would be valued.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring an effective and working QA and operations model for technical services utilized by our multiple application teams
- Release engineering
- Identifying needed actions and dependencies in our various on-going projects
- Together with our infrastructure team optimize and plan our cloud usage.
- All the above-mentioned responsibilities include hands-on doing as well as planning and coordination of the activities. Balance between these is dependent on your preferences and skills, as well as your proposal on how to best conduct these activities.
Key success factors in this role are:
- Experience of working with Kubernetes / container orchestration
- Strong understanding / vision of CI/CD practices & tools
- Enthusiasm for problem solving, change management and taking lead in challenging situations
- Good communicational skills with ability to facilitate collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and systematic way of working
- Ability to understand and capture end-to-end processes
- Readiness to occasional travel in the Nordic countries
- Excellent English language skill
Advantages in this role are:
- Fluency in Swedish, Finnish or Norwegian
- Some knowhow from any relevant industry (oil, gas, energy, payment, retail)
- Software engineering background and understanding of the related fundamentals and methods through practical experience.
- Project management and coordination experience
- Product development knowhow
- Technology skills
- Devops technologies, especially Kubernetes, Terraform and Vault but also others like Elastic Search, Prometheus, grafana, Nexus, NPM, Ansible, Helm and any monitoring technologies
- Cloud experience with GCP and Azure
- Build-Automation experience with any mainstream CI/CD tools (e.g. Bamboo, CircleCI, …)
- Testing tools like Testrail, Selenium, Appium
- Version Control systems experience, especially with Github and BitBucket
What's in it for you?
- A position where you can put your skills and knowledge into real use and at the same time continuously learn for more.
- Multiple business domains in one company, there is always a new business area you can dive into and a new interesting project to be worked with.
- Startup like working culture but with the backbone of big company. Unique combination of freedom and responsibility. You are not just one cog in the wheel but can really make a difference to the company’s future.
- Small but talented business technology organization where each individual counts. Nordic community and opportunity work in an international setting.
- Role and responsibility can be tailored based on applicant’s experience and knowhow.
The work starts in the fall/upon negotiation but since we start reading the applications immediately, we wish you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Poolia; Annastiina Korpi, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +358 20 7290 835 or Sanna Majava, email@example.com, tel. +358 20 7290 838.
St1 Nordic Oy is a Nordic energy Group whose vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. The Group researches and develops economically viable, environmentally sustainable energy solutions. St1 focuses on fuels marketing activities, oil refining and renewable energy solutions such as waste-based advanced ethanol fuels and industrial wind power. The Group has 1300 St1 and Shell branded retail stations in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Headquartered in Helsinki, St1 employs currently more than 980 people. www.st1.com