We are looking for an DevOps Engineer to join our Technology (Data & Infra) team at Schibsted Finland!
You might know us from our leading brands Tori, Oikotie and Rakentaja. We have a great bunch of over 180 talented professionals, who are working towards helping people to make smarter and sustainable choices. That is why we so strongly believe in our company's purpose of "Empowering people in their daily lives”.
That being said, we are happy to offer a challenging job with a purpose in the most awesome community and team. The job will start as soon as possible and it's full time.
What would your work and duties look like as a DevOps Engineer?
As DevOps Engineer you are responsible for creating and developing the processes and tools for faster and more reliable delivery of our software components.
You are the team’s go-to person in questions regarding the infrastructure choices, automation and how to write infrastructure code. Also you are the person, who is the first in line of defence in protecting our cloud infrastructure against external threats.
A key part of your role is to build a thorough understanding of our businesses and infrastructure and identify this way our shortcomings that we can develop. To make all of this happen, you will work closely with our awesome data team and together we will be renewing our data pipelines.
You have a drive to create and make our processes’ workflow more efficient and you ensure high availability through good infrastructure design as well as metrics and alerting.
As a DevOps Engineer your mindset is analytical & problem-solving and you have the ability to quickly identify problems and bottlenecks in our systems. You display a willingness and ability to learn fast and you show curiosity to take on challenges.
If you feel like that you could be an ambassador in teaching how to create secure and easily scalable software/infrastructure, you fit this role perfectly!
Key requirements to succeed in this position are:
- Relevant work experience > 5 years.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.) and ANSI SQL.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services including Cloudformation and Containers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Fluency Linux/Unix including scripting (Bash).
- Experience in security engineering and an interest in learning more.
- Fluency in a development language (e.g Golang, Python).
- Experience with deployment/configuration management (e.g Git, Jira, Travis, Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- A problem-solving mindset with an ability to quickly identify problems or bottlenecks.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
+ Also background in system administration or backend engineering and experience with software development best practices and agile methodologies are seen as a strong plus!
Got your attention? Contact us now!
If you feel that we could offer you the workplace and the role in which you could share your knowledge and expertise, learn, work hard, get inspired and be yourself, let us know!
We would be happy to receive your application and CV as soon as possible and on Monday 15th of March at the latest.
If you have any questions at all, please be in touch!
Simon Cederqvist (Head of Engineering, Infra & IT) simon.cederqvist(at)schibsted.com
Elisa Ryynänen (People & Culture Specialist) elisa.ryynanen(at)schibsted.com