SUOMEN OSUUSKAUPPOJEN KESKUSKUNTA
SOK is looking for a DevOps engineer to join our DevOps & Platform team. DevOps & Platform team is supporting the digitalization of S-Group, which mission and goal is to find joint solutions for the whole S-Group and to enhance information sharing in cloud environments.
While teams own their application stacks, we’re the experts who help them optimize value streams for efficient output. Typical tasks could be setting up CI/CD pipelines, continuous deployments, tooling, dashboards, infrastructure management, and testing practices. Our team owns tooling for CI/CD and VCS, logging, and monitoring, acceptance testing & security. To make this happen, our team has 10+ professionals in DevOps, SRE, QA experts, and architect roles.
Seen as a benefit
The person most likely to succeed in this role has software development backgrounds with platform-wide thinking instead of focusing on local improvements. You love debugging, infrastructure, and helping out other developers.
- Optimize teams' efficiency: ways of working, best DevOps practices, transparency, intercommunication from agile planning to continuous deployments
- Definitely hands-on, coaching by leading with examples
- Automation, test automation, CI/CD, Continuous Delivery & deployment
- Cloud: support teams by automatic provisioning of environments for development, testing and production
- VCS, source code management and branching/merging strategies. Trunk-based development
- Measuring, continuous improvement
- DevOps, SRE, Coaching
- AWS, Terraform, Docker, Serverless
- NodeJS, Python, Bash. At least one of these and strong software background
- GitLab, CI/CD, Tooling, Splunk
We offer you
We’d like to highlight few things that we like, and that might interest also you:
1. We think there is no other domestic company that can improve the daily life of every-day citizen as we do.
2. You have the ownership. You’re creating services directly for the end-users. You’re not visiting a project; you own the product.
3. You’re in control. Our ways of working are not set in stone. You will be continuously improving how the software is developed in one of the biggest companies in Finland.
4. The workload is reasonable, and you can choose your daily work rhythm. We like to work in the same location to create synergy and to be more efficient as a team, but remoting is also possible (During the pandemic it's the default).
5. Your work is grounded on the daily life, like shopping your groceries, fueling or staying in a hotel. This tight connection between the digital and physical world makes the work concrete and rewarding. And if you're using S Group services you can experience the results by yourself.
6. Our technical competence and wide-ranging development areas provide you with experience that will certainly be useful in your career. Within S Group you will work with different technology domains (like web, mobile, and cloud) and businesses (online retail, hospitality, service stations).
How to apply
We’ll be reading the applications as they come, make sure to send yours latest by 28.2.2021. If you want to check something regarding your position, our vision or ways of working before applying, you can chat with Niko Kivelä. You can reach him most conveniently by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358407782129 at 2.2., 4.2., 9.2. and 11.2. between 12:00-12:45.
SOK in short
SOK belongs to S Group, which is a customer-owned Finnish network of companies in the retail and service sectors, with more than 1,800 outlets in Finland.SOK Corporation comprises Suomen Osuuskauppojen Keskuskunta (SOK) and its subsidiaries. SOK is a central cooperative which produces expert and support services – such as chain management, product range, procurement, and marketing services – for the cooperatives of S Group. SOK is also responsible for the strategic guidance of S Group and the development of the business chains. Through its subsidiaries, SOK engages in the travel and hospitality business in Finland, St. Petersburg, and Estonia, as well as in supermarket trade in St. Petersburg and Estonia.