Let’s develop the world’s best HR Software – together!
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to guide the evolution of Sympa HR, a cloud-based, human resources solution, used, and loved, by over 200,000 people every day. Our technology helps organisations master their human resources data securely within a single solution, to automate HR processes and thus enable businesses to concentrate on the most valuable asset: their people.
Want to join the team?
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities will include managing and developing server configuration and configuration management, deployment orchestration, and the building of automation tools. You will keep up to date with the latest advances in cloud tech and know if, and when, to employ them. You will also monitor production environments and develop automatic scaling and monitoring solutions.
The role can be tailored based on your qualifications and skill set, and we are happy to support your future professional development according to your areas of interest.
You will join our Product Team consisting of 25 talented team mates with a variety of backgrounds, from UI design to testing. The team is based in Lahti and Vantaa, and you will be able to choose which office best suits you as your base.
We are looking for someone strongly motivated, curious and eager to learn.
What do we value in our candidates?
At Sympa, we value ambition and the ability to innovate and solve problems. Enthusiasm and fearlessness in the face of new challenges and the drive and determination to finish projects will take you far at Sympa.
For our future DevOps Engineer, we also highly value the following skills:
- Experience designing and implementing end-to-end Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet, ARM templates)
- Deployment orchestration
- Automatic scaling and metrics supporting it
- Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure or AWS)
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux server management
- Experience with network, security, deployment and automation
In addition, the following skills are considered a plus:
- Experience in software engineering or system operations and infrastructure
- Experience of version control systems, preferably Git
- Experience working with multiple scripting/tooling languages, preferably including PowerShell and possibly Ruby
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience in application monitoring
You have great self-discipline and you make things happen. Sympa, in turn, does its very best to take good care of the whole Sympa family.
Have we got your attention?
What’s it like being a Sympatico?
Sympa has set a course for rapid international growth while maintaining the agility of a small business, and this shapes our work culture. We’re all connected by a passion for what we do, and a desire to develop in what we do. Decisions are made fast, with flat hierarchy, and every Sympatico is valued for themselves and for their skills.
- We love being part of a community where we know that we’re supported, valued and encouraged to grow and achieve our full potential
- You’ll get every opportunity to learn new things, put yourself against tricky problems and let your talent shine
- You’ll get choices about the paths you’ll take, tools and technologies you want to use, and the responsibilities you’ll take on – and we’ll trust your judgement
- We all appreciate a relaxed, yet committed work atmosphere
- In addition to enjoying our work, we all value our spare time and enjoy a flexible schedule.
Do you want to be a part of a talented team on a great adventure?
Tell us more about yourself and send us your application right away here.
The application deadline is February 18th.
For general information about the position or Sympa, please contact
Product Director Mikko Kojo, +358 50 3717975 or firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- Monday, February 5th, between 14:00 and 15:00
- Tuesday, February 13th, between 12:00 and 13:00