We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Development Specialist at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will support production and logistics information systems and participate in development projects in the entire manufacturing unit. To be successful in this role, you will need to have solid experience in the management and maintenance of systems in a critical production environment.
• Collecting business requirements from the factory operations and turning them into change requests
• Improving production and logistics processes with modern information systems
• Maintenance of the production testing equipment and database servers
• Coordinating network modifications
• Monitoring critical production system interfaces
• Adopting the role of a system specialist in business development projects
• Assisting business operations in forwarding routine support requests to appropriate solver groups
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• Possibility to participate in developing world class production capabilities in the digital age
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in industrial engineering and management, IT or equivalent degree
• Knowledge of Windows servers, SQL databases and SAP
• The ability to assess new technologies with a critical eye
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of web technologies, application monitoring and integration solutions, and databases
• Experience in network and server maintenance
• The ability to ensure information security in all operations
• A proactive attitude and quick reactions
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66436235 by October 14, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jukka Itkonen, tel. 358 50 332 6781.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com