We are looking for an ambitious and energetic
Development Manager - New Business
to join our Incubator team either in Espoo or Porvoo, Finland.
Your part in Neste’s journey
It is a great time to join us!
Incubator is a small and growing team in the Neste Innovation function. We ensure growth, renewal and long-term competitiveness of Neste by creating new significant-scale business opportunities in collaboration with partners.
We offer you an interesting and challenging role in the Neste Innovation organization, where you have the opportunity to shape and develop your work as well as your career in a growing and transforming global company. Neste is on a journey to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. At Incubator, you have a key role in developing the solutions from early phase ideas into commercializable business concepts in a team with entrepreneurial spirit. Your work will contribute to medium and long term creation of new business platforms at Neste and enable new entries for existing businesses.
In your role, you will
- Develop and mature ideas into proof-of-concepts, business models, business cases, and value propositions
- Steer customer, market, landscape, trend and value chain analyses related to the new business and technology opportunities, and translating results to concrete proposals
- Develop and foster relationships with relevant external stakeholders, partners and potential customers
- Depending on your skills, expertise, experience and interest you might also work in other new business development and commercialization initiatives in Neste
You will work closely with our experts in the Innovation function and business units as well as with external partners to ensure future competitiveness and growth opportunities for Neste. The position is an excellent vantage point to the different functions in Neste. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Minimum 5 years of experience in new business development OR management consulting OR customer centric solution development. Specific examples of successes will help you to position yourself amongst the candidates.
- Solid experience and proven track record with specific examples in new business development
- Commercial mindset and solid understanding of of business model development, selection & implementation
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and networking skills
- Curious, opportunity seeking and entrepreneurial mindset
- Master’s degree or higher in suitable field covering business
- Excellent written and spoken English
We also value experience and skills in:
- Manufacturing or process technology
- Working in / with start-up accelerators and incubators
- Project management
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The position is a permanent and full-time.
Please submit your application by February, 10th, 2021, including cover letter and CV.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Tapio Sirén, Innovation Manager +358 40 338 0332
- on 28th Jan 2021 12.00-14.00
- on 4th Feb 2021 14.00-16.00
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 9 or 10.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.