Are you enthusiastic in developing innovation capability, improving innovation processes, enhancing continuous improvement and driving digitalization?
We are looking for a
to join our Innovation Excellence unit, Development & Processes team in Espoo and Porvoo.
Neste is the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues. In addition, we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. Innovations are crucial to Neste’s success in both short and long term. Our Innovation function generates improvements and breakthroughs that support the company’s target of becoming a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. Innovation function enables Neste’s core businesses to stay ahead of the competition. In addition, it drives future growth through identifying and building new business platforms that focus on scalable and sustainable feedstocks, technologies and business models.
Innovation Excellence unit includes competence teams for Portfolio & Program Management, IPR, and Development & Processes. The Development & Processes team drives effectiveness and efficiency across Innovation, Research and Development organization by focusing on innovation capability, process development, continual improvement, digitalization and reporting & analytics. As a Development Manager you will be on the driver's seat in making it happen!
Your part in Neste journey
In your role, you will:
- Identify and create new development initiatives related Innovation, Research and Development operations.
- Lead and deliver development projects related to process development, continual improvement and digitalization
- Actively develop work procedures, tools and ways of working as well as ensure their implementation
- Accelerate digitalization and agile working culture by deploying new digital solutions to improve processes and ways of working
You will work closely with various roles and teams in growing Innovation organization as well as with other internal and external stakeholders to ensure innovation capability at Neste. Our work combines accountability, collaboration, and the desire to develop. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
In order to succeed in this role, the best combination of experiences, skills and background is:
- University level degree (M.Sc.) in Engineering, Technology, Business Administration or similar relevant
- Profound knowledge of common process development principles and practices
- 5+ years of experience of working in process development, continual improvement and digitalization
- Working experience of Research, Development and Innovation operations and processes
- Proven track record in change management in complex and multi-stakeholder development projects
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
We also value
- Certified Lean Six Sigma expertise
- Experience of a chemical or other process industry
We believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “we care”, “we have courage” and “we cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination that includes a drug test. Security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please get in touch with Jarno Poskela, Head of Development, Innovation Excellence by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+358 40 338 0295) on Friday, September 25th during 14:00 pm - 16:00 pm or on Monday, September 28th during 8:00 am - 10:00 am.
Please submit your application including a cover letter and CV by October 2, 2020 at the latest - candidates will be reviewed already during the application period. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on weeks 41 and 42.
There are roughly 4,400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world's largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world cleaner.
We have a continuous enthusiasm of development. We believe in people who find new ways to do things and who are team players – people for whom safety and sustainability are parts of their professional skills. We value every individual. Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!