Development Manager, RafCycle
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Raflatac is now looking for a Development Manager, RafCycle for a permanent contract to be located preferably in Wroclaw, Poland. Other main UPM locations in Europe can be considered.
Our RafCycle waste management concept is a good example of thinking and acting circular. We do not just recycle our own production waste but offer our customers and end-users a recycling solution that gives their label waste a new life. Read more: www.rafcycle.com.
UPM Raflatac is leading in sustainable labeling through our innovative self-adhesive label materials and services. We offer high-quality paper and film label stock for branding and promotion, informational labels, and labels with functionality. We operate a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. Our company employees around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.6 billion (USD 1.8 billion) in 2019. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM. Find out how we are labeling a smarter future beyond fossils at www.upmraflatac.com.
Greetings from your future manager
“Sustainability is at the top of the agenda in the packaging world and labels really matter. If you are interested in being part of an industry leading team focusing on circular economy, this is a fantastic opportunity to take a forward-looking role in developing our RafCycle waste recycling concept. UPM Raflatac is a fast paced and agile business where you will enjoy multifold opportunities in which to excel. We need your passion and expertise!” - Robert Taylor, Director, Sustainability
What you will do
- You will be responsible for developing RafCycle label waste collection processes together with external service providers and UPM Raflatac supply chain
- You will promote the digitalisation of Rafcycle to streamline the label waste collection process
- You will manage and develop the process to source and distribute the collection containers to our RafCycle partners
- You will strengthen daily support to UPM Raflatac business partners in RafCycle related issues: customers, brands and other stakeholders
- You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop RafCycle administrative processes: order handling, invoicing, claim handling
- You will provide internal and external training for RafCycle partners
- You will be responsible for alignment with UPM corporate policies and guidelines
Who you are
You have proven competences and at least five years of relevant work experience in the following key fields:
- Supply chain/logistics
- Business development
- Project management
- Ideally, also waste management and recycling streams
Other competences we expect you to have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from relevant field of studies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to speak English fluently, other languages are seen as an asset
- Basic knowledge and passion for sustainability concepts
- Experience in working within international companies
- A creative and innovative mindset
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Capability to travel as required
This is what we offer for you:
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located preferably in Wroclaw, Poland. Other main UPM locations in Europe can be considered.
For more information about the open position, please contact Juha Virmavirta, Director, RafCycle Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358405047899.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest by 29th of March, 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.