This recruitment is carried out anonymously.
We are now looking for a
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, LOGISTICS OPERATIONS
To join our Business Process Development team in Metsä Wood.
More about the job
You will support the business through a period of rapid technological development as it implements SAP S4HANA to the Metsä Wood UK business. You will manage risk and deliver successful transformation in both logistics operations systems and processes across Metsä Wood’s UK operating sites. It will be important to be able to quickly learn about the business, its products and current processes, together with operational implications to warehousing and transport models and advise appropriately to drive transparency of cost & service levers.
You will deliver cross functional co-ordination and collaboration to enable successful completion of the project and transition of new systems and processes.
In the role you will report to the Project Director and be part of a larger project team across UK and Finland. The role has a matrix connection with the MW UK Head of Logistics and the wider Supply Chain organisation.
The position can be located in any of Metsä Wood’s operating sites in UK or Finland.
- Act as change agent for the implementation of the new SAP S4HANA system including EWM and TMS functionalities in logistics & warehousing operations.
- Assess and manage system and process risk and opportunities for SAP S4HANA system implementation.
- Appropriately advise, devise solutions and implement effective change in the warehouse and transport system development and influence the business to improve efficiency in processes and tools.
- Lead, plan and co-ordinate cross functional information distribution, discussions and workshops
- Develop an understanding of the current operational environment, logistics processes, and service levels. Drive for most optimum warehousing and transport processes to meet both customer needs and Metsä Group common process. Ensure delivery of suitable future state design, methodology and tool.
- Challenge and critique as-is processes to ensure MW UK methods to optimise logistics process and data clarity. Promote continuous improvement culture of systems & processes
- Manage Metsä Wood UK reference team work, as part of process leadership and change management
- Deliver to deadline and co-ordinate across functions to ensure project planning and timetable management
- Manage logistics specific data processes and give input for data migrations
- Ensure Company logistics system controls (SAP EWM, TMS) are robust and compliant. Liaise with internal and external auditors as required relating to areas of warehousing & transport tools.
What do we expect from you?
In order to succeed you need to provide a range of logistics specialisms particularly relating to warehouse management and transport managements processes and systems. You are a methodical thinker who is able to communicate complex matters clearly across multiskilled personnel and manage business partners and stakeholders.
Key skills include strong logistics operations capability and project management skills.
Tick most of the below boxes? You should definitely apply:
- Deep understanding and experience in B2B logistics flows with focus on physical and system movement relationships.
- Strong development skills including SAP ERP. S4/HANA implementation experience preferred.
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation management solutions
- Project and/or change management experience preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to influence.
- Positive, motivated by continuous improvement and with a collaborative ‘hands on’ approach
- Readiness for travelling is a must
What do we offer?
We offer an opportunity to work internationally in developing a sustainable business and global solutions and processes. We, in Metsä Wood, have a great team of experts in the forefront of wood product industry and we are looking for a team player to join us in renewing our processes. Your colleagues in UK and Finland eagerly wait to start our cooperation and warmly welcome you to join us on this road to success.
This recruitment is carried out anonymously. Therefore, the following information will be hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage: name, date of birth, contact details, gender, mother tongue, dates of study and name of the educational institution. Attachments (CVs) are also hidden. HR recruiters have access to the applicants' contact details at the stage when they start inviting applicants for interviews.
Our recruiting system will guide you through the application process. You will be asked for personal data, but all the above mentioned information is hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage.
The application form includes questions to help you to present your skills and experience anonymously. Please reply to all questions to make your competences and skills visible. You can attach a CV to your application, but it is hidden at the initial stage of the recruitment process. If you are invited for an interview, recruiters will have access to your CV to support the interview.
Read more about our anonymous recruitment at https://www.metsagroup.com/careers/work-with-us/anonymous-recruitment/
In case you have any questions, please contact HR Manager Mervi Heikkilä for more information: +358 50 549 6973. Mervi is best available on Monday 16.1. or Tuesday 21.1. at 15-16 EET (13-14 GMT) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the job!
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Please note that attachments are not visible in anonymous recruitment, so it is important to carefully fill in the application template.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period.
The search is open until 31.01.23. Good luck!