Development Manager, Logistics & Operations
Are you interested in an opportunity to develop Neste's global logistics network?
Neste Logistics & Operations manages the transport and operations of over 30 million tons of cargo annually. Our global logistics footprint covers marine, truck, container and rail transportation as well as a large network of storage terminals in all parts of the world.
We are looking for a self-driven and curious
to join our Logistics & Operations team in Espoo
Your part in Neste's journey
On a daily basis, you will lead various development projects related to our global logistics portfolio (vessels, terminals, rail cars and trucks). In your role you will, for example:
- Analyze Neste’s product flows and make recommendations for optimal logistics solutions to meet the transportation needs, recognizing factors related to cost, environmental and operational efficiency
- Lead idea creation and business case development for investments into Neste’s logistics assets
- Participate in and support business-driven development projects, in which Logistics & Operations support is needed
- Develop work processes and supporting tools, and if needed, perform benchmarking of best industry practices
- Outside of projects, actively identify opportunities in improving our supply chain and process efficiency
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of background, experiences and skills is
- University degree from relevant field, e.g. Engineering, Industrial Management or Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- 3-5 years experience from managing complex projects related to supply chains, logistics network optimization, financial modeling or business development
- Understanding of at least one of following topics: oil, chemical & renewable product characteristics, liquid bulk terminals, various modes of liquid transportation (vessels, harbors, truck)
- Solid analytical & project management skills, and ability to influence other stakeholders by clear and convincing communication
- Excellent English and Finnish oral and written communication skills, other language skills are an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, as well as adapt to changing situations
We also highly value following
- Supply chain modeling and simulation experience (for example FlexSim or other relevant tools)
- Knowledge of IT solutions for marine & tank terminal logistics planning
We offer you an opportunity to use and enlarge your expertise related to global logistics networks, as well as work in a vantage point to a rapidly changing industry.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Logistics & Operations, Oil Products, Antti Martikainen, +358 50 458 4512 on on September 12th between 9am-10am or September 17th between 3pm-4pm.
Please submit your application and CV no later than by September 22nd, 2019.
Early applications are strongly encouraged as we will be reviewing applications already prior to deadline.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude tests. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.