Development Manager, Logistics and OperationsNeste
Development Manager, Logistics and Operations
Neste Logistics & Operations manages the logistics and operations of over 30 million tons of cargo annually. Our global logistics footprint covers marine, truck, container and rail transportation as well as a large network of storage terminals in all parts of the world.
We are looking for a self-driven and pro-active
Development Manager, Logistics and Operations
to join our Logistics & Operations team in Espoo, Finland or Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Your part in the Neste journey…
On a daily basis, you will lead and act as logistics SME in development projects in close collaboration with our businesses related to our logistics and operations portfolio.
Your main responsibilities in creating a sustainable future are
- Lead idea creation and business case development for investments into new solutions or Neste’s existing logistics assets
- Support business-driven development projects, in which Logistics & Operations support is needed
- Analyse Neste’s product flows and make recommendations for optimal logistics and operations solutions to meet the needs of our businesses, recognizing factors related to costs, operational efficiency, service level as well as environmental factors
- Develop work processes and supporting tools, and if needed, perform benchmarking of industry best practices
- Outside of projects, actively identify opportunities in improving our supply chain and process efficiency
- Ensure development project benefits realisation
The best combination to success in this role
- Proven capability to plan holistic logistics solutions, preferably in liquid logistics
- Proven capability to turn new business needs into optimal logistics plans
- Understanding on how to create competitive edge through logistics solutions
- Ability to lead and drive to finish development projects
- Understanding of different logistics options’ features and cost structure (truck, rail, container, barge, bulk vessels, tank terminals)
- Understanding of supply-to-pay and order-to-cash processes
- Good commercial and business understanding
- Analytics skills and experience from analysis work required, modelling experience considered an asset
- Ability to influence others without formal power
- Good communication skills in English, additional languages considered an asset
- University degree from relevant field, e.g. Engineering, Industrial Management or Supply Chain Management/Logistics
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application, CV and salary expectation by 14th August 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Development for Logistics and Operations, Gunnar Hittorf, +31653949434 on 8th August during 15:00 - 16:00 or on 10th August during 15:00 - 16:00.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude assessment. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 33.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test (For recruitment in Finland). A security clearance is obtained with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together‘’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.