Orion Corporation operates in more than 20 countries, where we Orionees, 3300 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.
Description of position
We are looking for a Development Manager to work in our research process. Your main activities will be managing and coordinating the outsourcing of our research project’s in-vitro studies. You are responsible for negotiating, drafting and maintenance of the agreements. You will be the contact person to service providers and collaborators. You develop actively our outsourcing models, processes and metrics as a member of our R&D outsourcing network and work closely with R&D line functions and therapy areas as well as with project management and legal affairs organizations.
Your tasks and duties will include:
- Coordinating, developing and supporting the outsourcing process of services for research projects together with line functions and therapy areas
- Performing agreement negotiations and and their maintenance
- Keeping up service provider relationships and follow up service provider’s performance
- Supporting research projects as an outsourcing specialist and as an interface to service providers
- Follow up the technical advancements in the service provider field to support our research projects
- Executing R&D outsourcing strategy
Description of unit
Project Coordination unit of the Global Medicine Design function of Orion R&D is responsible for outsourcing activities of the global function. R&D employs top professionals in the field of drug molecule development and optimisation. There are around 500 professionals working in R&D. Orion has offices in Espoo, Turku and Kuopio in Finland, and in Nottingham in England and Mumbai in India. In its own R&D, Orion focuses on early-phase drug development. Orion has launched several proprietary products onto the market in various therapy areas.
The position offers exciting and challenging opportunity for cross-scientific and -cultural collaboration and opportunity to work with highly motivated people in the pharmaceutical industry.
- University degree, M.Sc. or Ph.D. from a relevant scientific area (natural, bio- or pharmaceutical sciences); additional business or law studies/degree is seen as an advantage
- Experience in the field of outsourcing and proven track record of agreement negotiations
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical R&D, drug discovery processes and in vitro studies is preferred
- Understanding contract law is considered as an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Finnish
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to organize, coordinate, prioritize and execute timely
- Readiness to travel
Harri Salo, Head of Project Coordination, tel. +358 50 966 7824
- On Wednesday 19th of September at 9-10
- On Friday 21th of September at 14-15
Orion is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company - a builder of well-being. Orion develops, manufactures and markets human and veterinary pharmaceuticals, active pharmaceutical ingredients and diagnostic tests. The company is continuously developing new drugs and treatment methods. The core therapy areas of Orion's pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory for which Orion develops inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs. Orion's net sales in 2017 amounted to EUR 1,085 million and the company had about 3,500 employees. Orion's A and B shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.