Development Manager Fertilizers and Nutrients / Gasum Oy, Espoo
The energy company Gasum is a Finnish gas sector (natural gas and biogas) expert that is building a bridge to a carbon-neutral society on land and at sea. Gasum contributes to the creation of a sustainable energy economy by increasing the supply of Finnish biogas, developing the Nordic gas ecosystem and ensuring the price competitiveness of gas. Gasum imports natural gas to Finland, upgrades biogas and transmits and delivers these for a broad range of uses in energy production, industry, homes, and land and maritime transport. Gasum is the leading supplier of biogas in Finland. The Gasum is a Nordic expert in liquefied natural gas (LNG) that will continue to strengthen the position and infrastructure of LNG and the utilization of new gas solutions. Gasum is a 100% state-owned company. The Gasum Group has around 350 employees in Finland, Norway and Sweden. The Gasum Group's revenue totaled €1,2 milliard in 2018.
Gasum Group is now looking for a
Development Manager, Fertilizers and Nutrients
Based in our Headquarter in Espoo.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Circular Economy Finland business development related to the use of digestate from biogas production as recycled fertilizers in agriculture or nutrients in industry. In this position, you will also be responsible for having a Nordic view in order to evaluate the possible application of similar development actions in all Nordic countries where Gasum operates in biogas.
The task involves a broad understanding of chemistry, agriculture and chemical industry but equally important is to understand the markets of fertilizers and nutrients, regulatory framework and circular economy concepts.
More specifically the responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility of the market development, productization and solutions development for the digestate based fertilizers and nutrients
- Participation into the biogas project development during the business case and concept building phase
- Identification and analysis of development needs in operations and in operative processes for digestate processing and development of solutions and improvements
- Supporting the sales for delivery to the market, productization, develop customer cases and being responsible there for the customer solutions development
- Responsibility of being a point of contact towards the external and internal stakeholders
- Participation in external expert groups as Gasum’s representative as fertilizers and nutrients specialist
You will be part of our Circular Economy businesses in Biogas Business Unit and report to Director responsible for Circular Economy Finland.
We are looking for candidates:
- With an academic degree in Chemistry or Agriculture eg. Agronomist.
- A broad understanding of chemistry, agriculture and chemical industry but equally important is to understand the markets of fertilizers and nutrients, regulatory framework and circular economy concepts.
- Business minded and good collaboration skills.
- Networking capability and an active role towards relevant stakeholders, including authorities.
- Capability to produce analyses, conclusions, presentations and written reports for efficient communication.
- Fluency in Finnish and in English. Swedish is beneficial.
We offer you:
- Interesting tasks in a Nordic environment and insight into the energy sector
- Development opportunities in our responsible and innovative company
- An inspiring and modern workplace and an encouraging team to support you
Our ethical code covers looking after people and the environment alike. We aim to build a cleaner tomorrow.
Interested in building a cleaner tomorrow?
For more information, please contact MPS Consultant Irene Turakainen, tel. +358 20 746 9457 or Tapio Kivikangas, tel. +358 20 746 9456. Due to summer holidays you can reach us from 5th August.
Please fill out the application form and attach your CV with salary request no later than 11th of August 2019.