Rapala VMC Corporation
Would you like to implement and teach LEAN principles in a global manufacturing company? Are you passionate about continuous learning and leading change? Rapala VMC Corporation is now looking for a DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER to join its team in Vääksy.
In this position you will play a key role in successful LEAN implementation in our units in Finland and Russia. In addition to that you get to widen the scope of your everyday work by supporting our product development and manufacturing with different tasks and projects. You will cooperate with several different stakeholders, like manufacturing and technical departments, Operational Excellence and IT.
Your responsibilities would include:
- LEAN-system responsibility in our Finnish and Russian units
- Project engineer role in automation and manufacturing development
- CAD-modeling tasks (parts and small machines)
- Other development projects
In this position you get to develop operational excellence and support the realization of digitalization opportunities as a part of an international group of colleagues. This is a great position for someone who thrives in a project-based role in which development never stops. You get a lot of independence and ownership not to forget the support from experienced professionals. The working culture at Rapala is casual and flexible yet ambitious. Once we find a great catch, we want to encourage a long career path by offering possibilities for career development. In addition to this we offer all the basics like flexible working hours/remote work, benefits and employee discounts.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant bachelor's or master’s degree in engineering (for example production engineering or automation engineering)
- Some earlier work experience regarding manufacturing development
- Knowledge regarding LEAN-principles
- Proficiency with some CAD-software (for example SolidWorks or Vertex)
- Comprehensive IT-skills: Microsoft Office 365 (Excel especially) and ERP-software principles. Power BI and coding skills are a big plus (Python, VBA, JSON)
- Eagerness to learn and ability to lead change
- Excellent communication skills in Finnish and English
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Is this the opportunity you have been looking for? Please, submit your CV and application letter with a salary request (in English) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th March, 2021 at the latest. For further information, you may contact the hiring manager Mikko Muikku via email, mikko.muikku(at)rapala.fi. Kindly note, that we will proceed as soon as we find a suitable applicant, so please apply soon!