We are looking for a
Development Engineer, Pretreatment Processing and Solutions Support
to strengthen our NEXBTL Technology Platform department within Core R&D unit in Porvoo Technology Centre. It is great time to join us!
Your main responsibility will be providing technical and operations expertise in our expert service and R&D projects in the field of renewable feedstock pretreatment and purification. Typical goal of these growth projects and support services is to evaluate and test alternatives to develop fit-for-purpose pretreatment solutions and improvements for various renewable waste & residue feedstock for our own production sites.
In your role you will
- Give actively pretreatment process and operations expertise support to relevant growth and site support projects, conceptual studies and R&D projects for renewable products in close cooperation with relevant project leads, cross-disciplinary teams, internal stakeholders and external partners
- Lead or participate to technical assessments of external feedstock pretreatment facilities and their logistic systems
- Provide R&D’s and technology function’s support for site test runs, unit start-ups and turnarounds, e.g. in Singapore and the Netherlands when needed
- Initiate and follow up new laboratory, pilot and plant scale test runs and analyse results. Prepare reports and expert statements in your field of expertise.
- Participate actively in selected task forces and cross-functional teams
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the renewable products supply and production processes through your involvement in a wide range of initiatives
You will work closely in projects and in specific teams with researchers from R&D, engineers from Neste Engineering Solutions and various stakeholders from Renewable Products’ supply, production and development, and case by case with external partners to accomplish growth goals and project targets. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical engineering or process technology
- Several years professional experience on plant operations, test runs, unit startups and shutdowns - preferably on relevant refining or chemical industry
- Good ability to influence in global matrix organization with cultural awareness, performance-driven and active networking attitude
- Systematic problem-solving skills with active solution seeking mindset
- Fluent communication skills in English is a must, both written and verbal
- Excellent data handling skills
We also value your
- Interest to grow professionally and widen your expertise in the field of renewable feedstock and their pretreatment solutions
- High motivation to get things done and a passion to create value, and humble attitude to take various roles and tasks when needed
- Active gatekeeping attitude with relevant stakeholder functions within Neste and potential partners
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Arto Heiska, Head of R&D, NEXBTL Technology Platform email:firstname.lastname@example.org and tel +358 50 458 7437. Available for calls: Monday September 23th (14:00-16:00) or Friday September 27th (12:00-14:00).
Please submit your application by 13th of October 2019.
The recruitment process includes two interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place in October.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 5500 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.