Development Engineer, CI & Quality
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Raflatac Specials SBU is looking for a Quality Development & Continuous Improvement Engineer who will take care of overall quality development and continuous improvement activities of laminating process within area of responsibility. Position is located in Tampere, Finland.
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2018. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com.
Greetings from your future team:
“Welcome to a dynamic, highly skilled and diverse team of professionals. We work hard, but always remember to maintain a positive atmosphere and cheer & support each other. We are sure, that you will enjoy being part of the UPM Raflatac family!”
What you will do:
- You will closely collaborate with production operators and other engineering team on daily basis identifying opportunities for operational improvements in the areas like safety, quality, service productivity, employee engagement and cost efficiency
- You will create and maintain continuous improvement culture, innovation and initiative within your responsibility area
- In this role, you will lead and execute projects, not forgetting the support for others in carrying out projects
- You will be a part of global network of professionals in area of continuous improvement
- You will utilize and develop modern process automation and IoT solutions in your daily work
- You will closely collaborate with other quality organization in regards to customer and raw material complaints
- You will be travelling occasionally regarding various quality items at the customers and suppliers’ side
Who you are:
- You have a suitable technical background in a relevant field of studies
- You have excellent communication skills and you are a good team player
- You have proactive, positive & independent way of working
- You have strong analytical problem-solving abilities
- Your earlier experience in production and quality development in process industry is seen as an asset
- Your earlier experience in utilizing of modern automation and IoT solutions in process industry is seen as an asset
- You have preferably a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- You have preferably previous experience working with Minitab
- You have fluent spoken and written skills in Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you:
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Location: Tampere, Finland.
Are you interested? To apply, please submit your application via OurWorkday portal by the end of September 8th, 2019.
For more information regarding vacancy please contact Matti Yli-Sirniö, puh. +358406791366. You can contact him during following hours:
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.