Food and beverage service on board our flights is one of the key elements valued by our over 12 million international customers. Finnair Kitchen is responsible for developing and preparing Finnair’s inflight catering experience and it is part of Finnair Customer Experience.
We are looking for a competent
to create unique Nordic customer experience for Finnair’s customers by developing menus, products and recipes. You are creative, proactive, willing to learn and get excited about creating new menus and meals for airline purposes. You have an efficient way of working, getting things done mentality and enjoy team work. In this role you report to Finnair Kitchen’s Head of Product Development.
- Participate in ideation and menu creation sessions and offer insightful menu offerings.
- Analyze available consumer, trend and customer survey data and offer product recommendations.
- Develop and test meals, food components, SPML and recipes for airline purposes.
- Develop and create menus for demanding special flights and various events.
- Organize, schedule and conduct training for production employees during menu or meal concept changes.
- Train & give guidance for production employees to find more efficient and handy working methods.
- Executive Chef duties in production based on occasional request
- Create and maintain recipes including labor step and time calculations, in production controlling system
Required competencies & education:
- Professional qualification for Chef or equal work experience
- Minimum 5 years` experience in food industry
- Fluent Finnish & English, written and spoken
- Organized and self-managed
- Office programs (outlook, excel, word, ppt)
- Good presentation & collaboration skills
- Production systems are not unfamiliar to you
- Experience in working within team environment
- Strong knowledge of Western Cuisine, Nordic cuisine and international Cuisines seen as advantage
- Strong knowledge of special diets / nutrition science
- Knowledge of product development and recipe creation seen as an advantage
- Ability to travel and work within changing conditions and schedule
We offer you a great possibility to learn about menu creation in the unique airline industry.
Want to join the team? Please submit your application by Tuesday August 20th with you CV and salary request. For additional information regarding the position, please contact Mari Routama, Director of Inflight F&B Concepts and Categories mari.routama(at)Finnair.com or +358447109657 Friday 9.8.2019 at 13-14 or Friday 16.8. at 13-14 We are also happy to answer the questions by email email@example.com.