Wärtsilä global IM (Information Management) integrates Processes, Systems and Information to support Wärtsilä business organisations to achieve a business targets. Together with a world leading partners Wärtsilä IM constructs a competent international ICT organisation. For development minded person, Wärtsilä offers an opportunity to shape the future of its ICT environment.
The Data and Analytics team is responsible for the total lifecycle management of front end reporting applications, advanced analytics applications as well as for data warehousing systems. In addition, the global master data services and robotics process automation service are part of the team’s responsibility area
We are looking for a Developer, Advanced Analytics for the Advanced Analytics service. If you have a solid foundation in software development and attitude to continuously learn the latest technologies, this position is for you. We offer a unique opportunity to join a team of highly skilled professionals, and take part in building state-of-the-art platforms with a mixture of open source and commercial tools.
The Developer, Advanced Analytics is accountable for the development and lifecycle management of advanced analytics based solutions. The key for success is the close co-operation with business stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are fulfilled. Together with the service manager to foresee and plan the advanced analytics roadmap and actively take a part for a planning and build-up of a modern data platform.
• Development and delivery of advanced analytics solutions
• Requirements specifications together with business stakeholders
• Further development of the data platform
• Lead, support, consult and participate to the development projects
• Manage the documentation in own responsibility area
• Stakeholder communication in own responsibility area
• Knowledge of applied analytics and machine learning methods
• Knowledge of software engineering
• Knowledge of system integration
• knowledge of data modelling and database technologies
• Knowledge of cloud computing services, such as AWS and Azure
• Knowledge of DevOps methods & tools
• Experience of gathering and analysing customer requirements and turning them into solution designs
• Customer orientation
• Fluent in marketing and selling ideas and solutions to the stakeholders
• Very good in documentation and presentation skills
• Good collaboration and change management skills
• Proactive, development-minded, independent and goal-focused attitude to work
• Fluent written and spoken English
• M.Sc. / B.Sc.in relevant area
• Over 5 year experience in the Business Intelligence area
Possible LOCATIONS for this position: Helsinki or Vaasa in Finland
Tal Katzav, Service Manager, Advanced Analytics
Mobile phone: +358 40 5891313
Jarkko Pukkila, Manager, Data and Analytics
Mobile phone: +358 50 5853350
Please submit your application including your salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 28.2.2019.
Screening and interviews will start immediately and the selection will be done as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2017, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.9 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Asiakkaan tehtävänimike: Developer, Advanced Analytics
Yhteyshenkilö: Suvi Ikola