We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Design Manager at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will act as a Team Leader for Software Project Office Team, leading and developing a team of highly skilled software product owners and architects. You will be actively seeking new and innovative ways to develop your world class team to create value and quality to our customers and differentiate us from competitors. We offer you an excellent possibility to further develop your team leading and leadership skills.
• Leading and developing the Team, People and competence
• Talent management and recruitment
• Resourcing software Scrum team leaders and Scaled Agile management
• Global co-operation in SW competence development
• Development of Software processes
• SW release quality
• Quality mindset increase and enable customer value
• Customer and application know-how within your team
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• Excellent opportunity to apply your team leader skills
• M.Sc. in engineering or an equivalent degree
• Experience in a team leader or manager position in R&D
• Excellent social, coaching, communication and team player skills
• Several years’ experience in SW product development
• Understanding of embedded software product development, SW testing, tools and methods
• Understanding of and skills in Agile & Lean R&D development
• Innovative, open-minded and stress-tolerant personality with a problem-solving approach to work
• Architectural and top level understanding of embedded SW products
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Architecture and concept-level understanding of modern power electronics devices from technology and product point of view
• IoT, Digitalisation and future orientated technology understanding
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65337437 by September 23, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Vesa Tuomainen, tel. +358 50 332 2069.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com